Data recovery can be extremely important when faced with a data loss scenario. There is a good chance that there is quite a bit of data on your computer’s hard disk or external storage devices that you cannot afford to lose. While you may be able to restore your data from a previously created backup, what you would really like to do is undelete the files that have been accidentally removed from your machine.
The solution is to employ data recovery software to restore your deleted information. There are many data recovery products available. Some of them are free to use while others are paid, commercial data recovery software applications. Choosing the program that is right for your situation may take some time. To assist in making your decision, we have put together a list of the best professional data recovery software products on the market.
1. Disk Drill – Professional Data Recovery Software
Disk Drill is a powerful data recovery tool which can be used by both casual users and data management professionals. It is a comprehensive application that can recover your data even after it appears to be permanently deleted. Let’s look at some of its outstanding features.
Advanced scanning algorithms to locate and recover a lost file or folder.
- Successfully recovers files in hundreds of different formats.
- Performs data recovery on a wide array of storage devices including SD cards, USB drives, and external hard drives.
- Recovers lost, deleted or formatted partitions.
- Creates bootable recovery disks and disk image backups.
- Provides an intuitive and user-friendly interface which enables anyone to easily recover their data.
- Supports all versions of Windows or macOS.
- Flexible filters to reduce scanning time.
- Previews recoverable files before performing the actual recovery.
- Free disk monitoring and maintenance tools.
Price: $89 for a Pro version
Disk Drill is a premium professional data recovery software that comes highly recommended for both macOS and Windows users. It’s an excellent tool for resolving any data loss scenario. Windows users can recover up to 500MB of data for free.
2. MiniTool Power Data Recovery
MiniTool Power Data Recovery can be used to restore files on Windows and Mac computers. It is a flexible tool which allows you to recover from a number of data loss situations.
- Recovers deleted files in many file formats.
- CD/DVD drive feature enables recovery of lost music these disks.
- Restores data from deleted and formatted drives and partitions.
- Supports recovery on many device types including digital cameras, flash drives, and music players.
- Recognizes and can recover data in a wide range of file formats.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Supports Windows and macOS.
- Multiple licensing options.
Price: $89 per year for a Pro version
MiniTool is a versatile data recovery option which can recover data deleted from CDs and DVDs. It has many licensing options specifically tailored for business and personal use.
3. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard
EaseUS has developed a full-featured recovery tool that can be used to restore data in many different situations. It can help you recover from system crashes, virus attacks, and accidental data deletion.
- Performs data recovery on virtually any type of storage device.
- Recovers deleted files in over 1000 file formats.
- Fast data recovery in a few clicks.
- Quick and deep scanning modes to fully search the storage media for recoverable data.
- Previews files prior to recovery.
- Restore data from deleted or formatted partitions.
Price: $99.95 per year for Data Recovery Wizard Pro
Data Recovery Wizard is a good choice in recovery software. The 500MB of free recovery available to Windows users can be increased to 2GB by sharing on social media.
4. Recoverit Data Recovery Software
Recoverit provides data recovery software that can be run on the Windows or macOS platforms. It can help you get out of trouble if you are the victim of data loss.
- Flexible pricing plans.
- Recovery of lost or deleted partitions.
- Deep scan to conduct an in-depth examination of storage devices.
- Over 500 file types supported for recovery.
- Recovers data from numerous device types including flash drives, external hard drives, and memory cards.
Price: $79.95 per year for a Pro version
Recoverit can recover data in many scenarios and offers variable pricing plans that can be used to cover multiple machines. Windows users can try it for free to restore 100MB of data.
5. Recuva Recovery Tool
Recuva is a data recovery tool which supports all versions of Windows. It is a useful tool for recovering deleted data from a wide variety of storage devices.
- Recovers accidentally deleted files.
- Restores data from a lost or formatted partition.
- Quick start wizard for a speedy recovery.
- Securely deletes files permanently.
- Supports virtual hard drives.
- Deep scan facility.
Price: $19.95 per year for Recuva Professional
Windows users will find Recuva to be a serviceable tool for recovering data on their PC.
Yes, with a 500MB recovery limit on Windows
Yes, with a 500MB recovery limit on Windows
Yes, with a 100MB recovery limit on Windows
$89 per year
$99.95 per year
$79.95 per year
$19.95 per year
Recovery of deleted files and folders
Recovery from external storage devices
Restore lost partitions
Operating system support
When you need to restore lost or deleted data, using a professional data recovery tool is the best solution. You may only have one chance to save your important files and you don’t want to be playing around with an unsupported freeware application. All of the products mentioned above can perform data recovery to a certain extent. We recommend Disk Drill Pro for its ability to perform deep scans, ease of use, and additional data protection tools. It’s a great addition to your software toolbox that will enable you to quickly recover from unforeseen data loss. Try it for free today.